News & Insights
A Big Welcome to Carl Christianson
We are very excited about our newest employee Carl Christianson. Carl is a Corvallis native, he attended Crescent Valley High and Oregon State University where he received a honors degree in Construction Engineering Management with a minor in Business Administration. He comes to us after working with Hoffman Construction for 5 ½ years in Seattle, Bellevue, Bend, Arlington and Shelton, Washington. Carl’s experience includes coordinating with architects, supervising crews, resolving conflicts, custom work with clients, troubleshooting complicated systems, quality control, scheduling and estimating. He is excited about the new opportunity here in Corvallis with a respected local builder, “I’m thrilled not to travel every year to a new city, and I’m really grateful to come home every night to my wife Julie.” According to Carl, “Hoffman generally takes only the most prestigious, challenging building projects in the northwest, including the Seattle Library, the Seattle EMP building, and the Intel factories among many others. They provided me a wealth of knowledge about commercial construction, and mentored me in the importance of being honest, trustworthy, and always doing the right thing for the customer.” While he was at Hoffman he worked on the following projects:
Bellevue Towers Condominiums Sales Office http://www.ziba.com/work/gerding-edlen-bellevue/#/work/gerding-edlen-bellevue/
Carl’s role included:
- Reviewing the design and managing the installation of the custom cabinetry, custom open gas fireplace, gold leafed art glass, conference rooms, and offices.
- Supervising the installation of two versions of Condo mockups.
- Overseeing the installation of the executive offices with reclaimed old growth Douglas fir desks.
Bellevue Towers www.bellevuetowers.com
- Carl helped review the design and construction of the Lobbies, the Common Areas including: the Gym, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Library, Great Room, and Roof Terrace Park.
- He coordinated the details, schedule and installation of Schoenfeld’s Custom Condominium.
- Carl oversaw the paperwork required for LEED Gold Certification.
- He helped his superintendent manage the build out of 50 condominiums and their punchlists.
- He managed the site utilities and street work, mostly on nightshift.
- He helped oversee the installation of the shoring and the parking structure.
Cascade Valley Hospital http://www.cascadevalley.org/
- Hoffman constructed a new addition for the Emergency Department, Cafeteria, Lobby, Laboratory and Pharmacy. Carl reviewed the design and helped manage this construction.
- Carl and a superintendent oversaw the facelift to the existing wing for the Inpatient, Surgery, Administration, ICU and Nursery departments.
- The hospital was remodeled in small phases to keep all departments in operation. Carl negotiated with the hospital’s administrators and department leaders to find a plan that would minimize impact and keep the project on schedule. The small phases required intensive oversight and management to keep the impact to the hospital at a minimum.
BendBroadband Vault http://www.bendbroadbandvault.com/
- Carl was involved in a project that remodeled a warehouse for use as a green Tier III secure data co-location facility (similar to the Facebook data center in Prineville).
- Carl helped oversee the installation of dual 2.5MW generators and flywheels to provide continuous power with redundancy for the servers.
- Carl also helped oversee the installation of 152KW of Solar Panels to reduce the site’s carbon emissions.
- He was also involved with installing the pervious asphalt and xeriscape landscaping to reduce site runoff and irrigation needs.
Mason County General Hospital http://www.masongeneral.com/surgery_addition.htm
- Carl and a superintendent oversaw and coordinated the demolition, sitework, excavation, foundations and installation of concrete tiltup panels.