News & Insights
Lambda Chi Alpha Window Wall
Dryrot in the window system, it was ready to collapse
The old entry featured green trim, we decided to change that.
New entry canopy and Westview window system
Recessed can lights in Western Red Cedar soffit
New entry and front window system
New ThermaTru fiberglass doors stained to look like wood
Clear Dougfir Glulam beams and posts support the windows and roof
Wider spacing on the columns allows for more light
Exterior lighting creates a beautiful entry at night
Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity in Corvallis contacted us when they realized that their front entry facade was quickly becoming unsafe due to extensive dryrot. You could easily push a screwdriver through the wood mullions between the single pane windows. If you leaned on the wall, the entire window system would deflect about an inch.
We meet with the Alumni representative Gerry Reese who asked us if we could replace the window system during summer break. We proposed a window system supported by clear grade Douglas fir glue-lam beams with commercial glass and black powder coated aluminum capping system. The results are spectacular.
After a thorough design and engineering process, as well as permits from Corvallis, we began construction in July last year. We discovered the front entry canopy also had significant dryrot including its main support beam. So we replaced the canopy with a much more attractive version. The new canopy consists of a new glulam beam stained to match the window system. Knotty cedar tongue and groove soffits flank the canopy’s beam. We wrapped the canopy edges with black powder coated metal trim to match the window system.
The new front doors are Therma Tru Insulated Fiberglass Classic Craft 890 which we stained and lacquered to resemble Alder wood with an Early American stain. The door hardware included a Simplex 1000 manual push button lock (to allow easy access for the fraternity men) and Dorma closers.
The commercial glass is bronze tinted, tempered, with argon gas, low-e #2 coating for energy efficiency.
We finished the project on time for the 2013 school year.
Announcing the G. Christianson Construction Inc. “Skylike” promotion!
Do you have an area in your home that needs a little more daylight? A Velux Sun Tunnel may be the answer. We are trying to get 1000 likes for our Facebook page facebook.com/GChristiansonConstruction. If we can do this by midnight on November 15th 2014, we will be giving away a fully installed 14″ Velux Sun Tunnel package to a resident of Corvallis or nearby surrounding areas, valued at $1,000. Please like our page and share with your friends and family!
- Christianson Construction Inc. is fully responsible for this promotion withnosponsorship, endorsement, administration, or association with Facebook. As each home is unique, G. Christianson Construction Inc. does not guarantee that a specific skylight location will work. If conditions in a home or requested sun tunnel location require more than $1,000 for materials and labor to install a skylight, G. Christianson Construction Inc. will require additional money from the winner before prize can be awarded. All final decisions and interpretations of the rules of this prize are to be made by a G. Christianson employee and are final.
Terms and Conditions:
- The promotion is open to Corvallis, Albany, and Benton County residents aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of G. Christianson Construction, their families, agents and any other person professionally connected with this promotion.
- To enter, visit the G. Christianson Construction’s Facebook page (facebook.com/GChristiansonConstruction) and “like” our construction company.
- Entries must be submitted between February 6th 2014 andMidnight, November 15th 2014. Entries received after the promotion has closed or received by any other means (e.g. in the mail or phone) will not be accepted.
- Only one entry per person. Applications via agents/third parties or by using multiple Facebook or email accounts are not permitted.
- There is one prize of one 14” Velux Sun Tunnel Model TGF 014 with flexible tunnel, standard diffuser and installation. Prize is as stated, is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available.
- G. Christianson Construction will randomly select one winning entry on November 17th. The winner will be notified by Facebook message.
- Installation will be coordinated with winner and will occur approximately 1 month from announcement.
- G. Christianson Construction cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to its Facebook Page and is not responsible for any disruption to the promotion or its Facebook Page due to technical problems or otherwise due to events outside of its reasonable control.
- Winner must own their home or have landlord’s written permission to install the Sun Tunnel.
- Winner’s home must be within 20 miles of Corvallis.
- If conditions in a home or requested sun tunnel location require more than $1,000 for materials and labor to install a skylight, G. Christianson Construction Inc. will require additional money from the winner before prize can be awarded. Examples of conditions that may require more than $1000 for materials and labor: flat roofs, metal roofs, tile roofs, complicated framing, lath and plaster ceilings, asbestos insulation in the attic etc.
- G. Christianson Construction reserves the right to amend or suspend the promotion at any time without giving advance notice.
- In order to participate in this promotion, applicants must accept Facebook’s terms and conditions, although it is acknowledged that this promotion is not sponsored or endorsed by, nor associated with, Facebook. Entrants release Facebook from any and all liability arising out of or in connection with their participation in this promotion.
- All final decisions and interpretations of the rules of this prize are to be made by a G. Christianson employee and are final.
- The promotion and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Oregon and courts of Benton County, OR shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with this promotion.
- By participating in the promotion, applicants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.