News & Insights
Modern Bathroom Oasis
Our client met with us this spring with the concept of opening up her dated 1950’s bathroom, getting rid of the pink tub and pink sink and making an “Artic” oasis. She wanted to maintain a white with “Artic” green/blue theme. We created some design options using 3D software and presented the options to our client. After some simple revisions to the design and products were chosen within her budget to match her goals we started the remodel.Our exceptionally detailed contract allowed her to understand the scope of the project and be sure that we had covered everything. We also offered electrical safety and insulation improvements. Construction began in June 2015 and was completed in early August (we had some delays with the imported tile).
One of the features of this bathroom is the floating vanity and floating LED backlit mirror. The mirror has color changing LED lights. You can use a small remote control to change the color and brightness to match your mood. This lighting really draws your eye towards the glass tile and provides subtle ambient lighting for nighttime.
She is thrilled with our work and her friends are too. Please give us a call if you’d like to build an spa-like oasis in your home.
Some of the details:
- Cabinets: Floating “European” frameless with conversion varnish over white paint on maple plywood
- Countertop and Sinks: Corian Cameo White with a thickened front edge
- Shower tile: AKDO Thassos Honed Marble 3×6
- Glass tile accents: AKDO Stagger Fusion Mosaic (Icelandic Blue, Thassos P, Seashell)
- Tile floor and Base: Emser Pietre del Nord “Vermont” matt 12×24
- Paint color: Sherwin Williams’ Glimmer – SW 6476
- Exhaust fan: Broan QTXE110S
- Lights: Custom design by Radiance by Design, Corvallis
- Shower Glass: 3/8” tempered heavy glass shower enclosure
- Tub: Kohler Bellweather cast iron
- Shower and Faucet: Grohe Concetto
- Toilet: Toto Aquia